1 John 5:14 says, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.”
What does the Bible say about a man who prays?
In James 5:17, Elijah is described as “a man with a nature like us” that prayed earnestly, and the Lord heard him. My brothers in the faith, our Father in heaven wants to hear from us! When men pray, things happen, and the Lord can move on our behalf. Don’t be confused; prayer does not turn God into your magic genie.
Where in the Bible does it say that God will answer your prayers?
Jesus taught, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find” (Matthew 7:7). When you are sincerely striving to obey God’s commandments, He will give you answers to your prayers, and you will be ready to receive them. God “heareth the prayer of the righteous” (Proverbs 15:29).
Does God promise to answer prayers?
Because God has promised to answer our prayers, when we go to him to pray, we need to remember that we are not going to convince him to change his mind and answer our prayers. … “Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you” (Jeremiah 29:12).
What does the Bible say about praying for husband?
Pray that he would cling to God and allow Him to be his fulfillment. 3. Ephesians 5:22-33 “Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. … Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.”
What does God say about praying?
“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” “Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
How God answers our prayers in 3 ways?
I’ve heard it said that God answers prayers in one of three ways. God says “Yes,” and you receive what you ask for. God says “No,” and you have to accept it and move on. Or God says “Not Yet,” and you learn to be patient and wait.
Why prayers are not answered?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … – If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and you don’t correct them, you ‘regard iniquity in your heart’ and thus should forget about God answering your prayers.
Who is the first person to pray in the Bible?
Abraham. The first notable prayer whose text is recorded in the Torah and Hebrew Bible occurs when Abraham pleads with God not to destroy the people of Sodom, where his nephew Lot lives.
How do I ask God for an answer?
What Can I Do to Receive Answers from God?
- Evaluate Your Questions. Sometimes I assume that God will simply give me revelation because it’s obvious that I need His help and guidance in my life. …
- Practice Serious Reflection. …
- Write It Down. …
- Ask: Is There More? …
- Invite Revelation. …
- Move Forward in Faith.
How do you get God to talk to you?
How To Hear The Voice of God
- Humble yourself and get on your knees.
- Pray to God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.
- Go on about your life and pay attention.
How long does it take for God to answer prayers?
That can vary based on the prayer. When praying for the Sun to rise the prayer is answered , without fail, the next morning. When praying for my cold to be cured it usually takes 3–4 days, sometimes a little longer.
What is the promise of God to man?
Freedom from addictions, deliverance from sin and evil, financial provision, hope for lost and hurting family and friends, overcoming depression, recovering a marriage, good health, healing, being free from fear and anxiety, strength, and many more are the blessings and gifts that God promises to provide for those who …
What to do when God is not answering your prayers?
Here are three easy ways:
- Evaluate your desires. Why don’t we feel like God is answering? …
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads faced forward on the path He has for us. …
- Rest in Him.
Why does God only answer some prayers?
It may seem that some prayers are answered, but this is because we pray for things that might happen, and sometimes they do purely by chance. Religious belief relies on this randomness to maintain faith and to encourage people to spend even more time in prayer, hoping that by enough prayer their ship will come in.