Fixing your eyes on Jesus is turning your attention to the instruction, position, and admonitions of the Lord. … That means you have to read the bible and grow in the knowledge of Jesus. The Lord reveals himself through His word, so the more time you spend in it, the better you know Him.
How can we fix our eyes on Jesus?
Fix Your Eyes on Christ: 3 Ways to See in Darkness
- Look UP for Hope. When a flash flood comes through, the quickest and safest thing to do is head to high ground. …
- Look BACK at God’s faithfulness. It is easy to forget the past and forget God’s faithfulness. …
- Look FORWARD with confidence.
What happens when we keep our eyes on God?
God often tells us to “fear not” and reminds us that we are never alone in what we face. … Instead, they bring comfort to hard times by reminding us that fixing our eyes on God brings strength so we may carry on in wisdom, peace, endurance, and joy. Fixing our eyes on God doesn’t pull us away from the real world.
What does it mean to fix your thoughts on Jesus?
To reduce temptation, keep your mind occupied with God’s Word and other good thoughts. You defeat bad thoughts by thinking of something better. This is the principle of replacement. … That’s why the Bible repeatedly tells us to keep our minds focused: ‘Fix your thoughts on Jesus. ‘”
What does it mean to fix your eyes?
: to keep looking at or staring at She fixed her eyes on me for a long time before answering.
How can I focus on Jesus?
3 Ways to Focus on Jesus Every Day
- 1) Begin your day with prayer.
- 2) Spend time giving God praise and thanks.
- 3) Read the Bible – every day.
- “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus”
What happens when you take your eyes off Jesus?
When we take our eyes off Jesus, we inherit problems. When we don’t see him in what’s happening around us, we lose focus.
What did Jesus say about eyes?
The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness.
How can I focus on God?
5 Ways to Focus on God (and Not the World)
- Consistent Bible Study.
- Constant Prayer.
- Read Books that Grow Your Faith.
- Preach the Truth to Yourself.
- Recount Your Blessings.
How do I fix my thoughts?
All photos courtesy of the individual members.
- Have Daily Negative Thought Time. …
- Replace the Negative Thoughts. …
- Be Your Own Best Friend. …
- Write Instead Of Think. …
- Make A Conscious Effort To Find Things To Love, Like And Appreciate. …
- Ask Yourself Some Tough Questions. …
- Establish New Habits. …
- Stop Watching The Morning News.
How can I love God with all my mind?
To “love the Lord thy God with all thy mind” is done when our thoughts dwell on Him; and His holiness, and goodness, and love, and mercy, and beauty… Then we reply to His perfection with prayer, praise, perhaps a song, and worship “in spirit and in truth” (John 4:23).
What is fix or mend?
repair, fix or mend? Repair: to put something that is damaged, broken, or not working correctly, back into good condition or make it work again. mend: to repair something that is broken or damaged. Fix: to repair something.
What does it mean to fix your gaze?
: to look at (someone or something) steadily Everyone fixed their eyes on her as she entered the room.